Open Heavens

Monday, October 5, 2026

Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Pastor E A ADEBOYE

 OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL 


DATE: TUESDAY 6TH OCTOBER 2026


TOPIC: WILL YOU BE READY? PART 3


MEMORIZE:

"I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left." Luke 17:34 (KJV)


BIBLE READING: MATTHEW 24:36-51

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.


37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.


38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,


39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.


40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.


41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.


42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.


43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.


44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.


45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?


46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.


47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.


48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;


49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;


50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,


51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.


MESSAGE:

Years ago, I travelled to the USA and stayed in an apartment that had a bedroom with an en-suite bathroom and a living room with a guest toilet. In the middle of the night, I woke up to use the toilet and realised that my wife was not in the bedroom with me. I thought she had gone to use the guest toilet in the living room so as not to disturb my sleep. However, after waiting for a while and not seeing her, I went to check the living room and discovered that she was neither there nor in the guest toilet. I began to tremble, and I said, "God, where have I missed it? What is it that caused me to be left behind?" I thought the rapture had happened, and my wife had been taken, and I had been left behind. I was still trembling when the Holy Spirit said, "She didn't come with you on this trip." It was then that I remembered I had come on the trip alone. That is how conscious I always am of the rapture. It is better to live ready than to be careless and be left behind when the Lord returns.


As I said two days ago, from the moment I learnt about the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, my prayer every night before bed has always been, "Lord, if you return before tomorrow, please don't leave me behind." I pray that when the Lord returns, you will not be left behind, in Jesus' name. The realisation that tomorrow may never come and that the Lord may return before sunrise tomorrow has kept me on my toes all these years.


Nobody knows the hour the Lord will return. This is why you must live ready. You cannot afford to live carelessly because you do not know when your time on earth will elapse or when the Lord will return. Today's Bible reading compares two servants. One was faithful and wise, and he lived ready, doing his master's will until his return. The other was described as evil because he thought in his heart that his lord delayed his coming, and because of that, he began to act and live as he pleased. The Bible tells us that he was severely punished when his lord returned.


Beloved, don't live carelessly because you think the Lord is delaying His return. He is coming soon. Blessed are those who live ready for His return. 


REFLECTION:

Are you living ready for the Lord's return? 


BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR:

MATTHEW 12 - 13


AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 


HYMNAL 28 - GUIDE ME, O THOU GREAT JEHOVAH

1.  Guide me, O Thou Great Jehovah Pilgrim through this barren land; I am weak, but Thou art mighty, 

Hold me with Thy powerful 

hand: Bread of heaven! Bread of heaven! Feed me now and evermore (2ce) 


2.  Open Thou the crystal fountain, 

Whence the healing stream 

doth flow: Let the fiery, cloudy pillar Lead me all my journey 

through: Song deliverer! Song deliverer! Be Thou still my strength and shield (2ce). 


3. If I tread the verge of Jordan, 

Bid my anxious fears subside: Bear me through the swelling torrent, Land me safe on Canaan's side: Songs of praises! Songs of praises! I will ever give to Thee (2ce). 


4.  Saviour, come! We long to see thee, long to dwell with thee above and to know in full communion, all the sweetness of Thy love. Come, Lord Jesus! Come, Lord Jesus!  Take thy waiting people home (2ce)


God bless you as you share.

#SeekFirsttheKingdomofGod #GodSeekers #GBY 


RCCG 75th Annual Convention!

Theme: The Most High God

Date: August 2027

Venue:The Redemption City

No comments:

Post a Comment