Open Heavens

Thursday, October 1, 2026

Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Pastor E A ADEBOYE

 OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL 


DATE: FRIDAY 2ND OCTOBER 2026


TOPIC: REMAIN GRATEFUL


MEMORIZE:

“That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.”

Psalm 26:7 (KJV)


BIBLE READING: PSALM 103:1-5

"1 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.


2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:


3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;


4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;


5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's."


MESSAGE:

Some time ago, I went to a man’s house to conduct a programme. It was a night programme, and the Sowner of the house asked me to spend the night at his house afterwards because it was too late for me to return home. I obliged, and in the morning, he asked me to wait for breakfast. When it was time to eat, a chef came and asked my host what he wanted to eat. After so much back and forth, my host finally decided that he would have bread and eggs for breakfast. Then, for the next few minutes, another back-and-forth ensued because the chef asked my host how he wanted his eggs prepared – scrambled, poached, or fried – before he finally settled on boiled eggs. Then, it was time for another debate: how do you want your egg boiled, hard-boiled or medium-boiled? By then, it had been more than 25 minutes, and I had gotten really hungry. Finally, the chef turned to me when he finished with his boss and asked, “Sir, what will you eat?” I told him to give me anything he had. He said he had bread and eggs, and I said it was fine. Then, he asked if I wanted an omelette or bacon, the number of eggs I wanted, and so on. I told him that anything was fine, as long as it was enough to satisfy my hunger. After the whole ordeal, I thought to myself that even though I had no money, I had a good appetite at least. Child of God, while you may not have everything you desire in life yet, you must be grateful for the things you have.


Ecclesiastes 6:9 says that the sight of the eyes is better than the wandering of desire. Many people are not grateful for what they have because they are consumed with thinking about the things they want. They do not appreciate the things they can see because of their wandering desires. Beloved, if God has given you the gift of life, be grateful. Ecclesiastes 9:4 says that as long as you are joined to all the living, there is hope; for a living dog is better than a dead lion. As long as you are alive, there is hope that you will achieve the things you desire. Don’t be so focused on the things you wish you had that you forget to appreciate God for all you already have. In all things, give thanks (1 Thessalonians 5:18).


REFLECTION:

Are you grateful for the things you have?


BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR:

MATTHEW 1-4


AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 


HYMN 18: PRAISE TO THE LORD THE ALMIGHTY

1. Praise to the Lord,

the Almighty, the King of creation!

O my soul, praise Him, for He is

thy health and salvation:

Join the great throng

psaltery,organ and song

sounding in glad adoration!


2. Praise to the Lord,

who over all he gloriously reigneth:

Borne as on eagle-wings, safely

his saints, He sustaineth.

Hast thou not seen

How all thou needest hath been

Granted in what He ordaineth?


3. Praise to the Lord,

who doth prosper thy way and defend thee;

Surely his goodness and mercy

shall ever attend thee;

Ponder anew, What the Almighty can do,

Who with His love doth befriend thee


4. Praise to the Lord!

Oh, let all that is in me adore Him!

All that hath breath, join with

Abraham’s seed to adore Him!

Let the Amen, sum all our praises again;

Now as we worship before Him.


God bless you as you share.

#SeekFirsttheKingdomofGod #GodSeekers #GBY 


RCCG 75th Annual Convention!

Theme: The Most High God

Date: August 2027

Venue:The Redemption City

No comments:

Post a Comment