Open Heavens

Sunday, October 11, 2026

Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Pastor E A ADEBOYE

 OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL 


DATE: MONDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2026.


TOPIC: KEEP YOUR LAMP BURNING


MEMORISE

Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning; - (Luke 12:35)


READ: Matthew 25:1-9 (KJV)


1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.


2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.


3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:


4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.


5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.


6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.


7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.


8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.


9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.


MESSAGE


Knowing Jesus is the best thing that can ever happen to a person. The earlier a person knows Him, the better he or she becomes positioned to walk through life with His grace, wisdom, and power. The moment you come to Jesus, you will have access to His light (John 8:12), and you will become light too (Matthew 5:14). For any light to keep burning, however, fuel must be consistently added to it.


In today's Bible reading, the five wise virgins had extra oil for their lamps, and this made it easy for them to refill their lamps and ensure that they kept burning when they woke up. The five foolish virgins, on the other hand, didn't have extra oil, so they had nothing to fall back on when their lamps went out. Beloved, the fact that you were full of the Holy Spirit yesterday does not mean that you do not need to refuel today. Yesterday's infilling will not carry you through today's battles. If you want your lamp to burn brightly until the Lord returns, you must keep fuelling it with the word of God and prayers.


In (1 Kings 19:5-8), the first meal the angel served Elijah was not enough for the journey he had ahead of him. The angel had to wake him up to eat again. No matter where you are in the journey of life, you need to arise and eat again, because of the journey ahead. You need to keep your lamp burning brightly because gross darkness has enveloped the earth and will continue to deepen (Isaiah 60:2). This, however, should not frighten you as God's child because your spirit is the candle of the Lord (Proverbs 20:27), and the more you grow in your relationship with Him, the brighter your candle will shine.


Beloved, flee from sin. Do not get involved in things that will dim your light or snuff out your lamp. People who are busy struggling to acquire the things of this world will snuff out their lamps. Likewise, people who toy with sin will make their oil become polluted. This is why I shudder when I hear some preachers say that once a person becomes born again, the fellow can live as he or she likes. If you do not want your lamp to go out, you must not embrace the things that can put out your light. I pray that your lamp will keep burning brightly until the end, in Jesus' name. 


PRAYER POINT

Father, please help me to remain bright and burning for You until the end, in Jesus' name. 


AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 


BIBLE IN ONE YEAR

Matthew 27 - 28


HYMN 8 - I NEED THEE EVERY HOUR


1. I need thee every hour most gracious Lord; no tender voice like thine can peace afford.


CHORUS 

I need thee, oh, I need thee; every hour I need thee! Oh, bless me now my saviour; I come to thee!


2. I need thee every hour, stay thou near by; temptations lose their power when thou art nigh.


3. I need thee every hour in joy or pain; come quickly and abide or life is vain.


4. I need Thee every hour 

Teach me Thy will; And Thy rich promises In me fulfill. 


5. I need Thee every hour, 

Most Holy one; Oh, make me Thine indeed, Thou blessed Son!


God bless you as you share.

#SeekFirsttheKingdomofGod #GodSeekers #GBY 


RCCG 75th Annual Convention!

Theme: The Most High God

Date: August 2027

Venue:The Redemption City

No comments:

Post a Comment