Open Heavens

Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL 


DATE: WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 2ND 2024


TOPIC: VERY EASY PRAYERS I


MEMORISE:

“By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.” - (Hebrews 13:15)


READ: PSALM 34:1-4 (KJV)


1 I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.


2 My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.


3 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.


4 I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.


MESSAGE:

There are five categories of prayers: very easy prayers, easy prayers, hard prayers, dangerous prayers, and ‘impossible’ prayers. For the next few days, I will be teaching on each of them to help you have a more robust prayer life.


The first category of prayers is the very easy prayers. This is praise and worship. Praise and worship is very easy because you don’t have to be a theologian to praise God; even little children can praise Him (Matthew 21:15-16).


David said that his soul would not forget all of God’s benefits, and so he would bless the Lord (Psalm 103:2). As a songwriter said, if you count your blessings and name them one by one, it will be very easy to praise God. David said, “I will bless the Lord at all times, His praise shall continually be in my mouth.” (Psalm 34:1). You can praise God non-stop because praising Him is very easy when you count your blessings. It is very easy to do, yet it is extremely powerful. Unfortunately, many Christians don’t praise God much.


When we were about to open the first parish of The Redeemed Christian Church of God in Abuja, I was in my hotel room, praying concerning the programme that would hold that evening and asking God to perform miracles, heal the sick, and save souls. While praying, God said, “Shut up, am I your houseboy? Have you thanked Me for all I’ve done for you in the past?” I said, “Oh Lord, thank You for all You have done in the past. Tonight, please heal the sick...” Again, He told me to shut up and that I should only praise Him and not ask for anything for the next three days. It was very difficult, but I did it anyway. By the end of the third day, He said, “Select elders who will be going around, teaching the doctrine of the church to strengthen its foundation because all you have seen thus far is addition; get ready for multiplication.” The result of praising Him then can be clearly seen today as RCCG has indeed multiplied greatly.


Do you engage in this very easy prayer of praise and worship? How often do you praise God? Look around you, there are multitudes of things you can praise God for; praise Him continually for them. I know there are some things that you wish He has done, but what about all He has done already? If you find it difficult to praise God for what He has done, how do you expect Him to do more?


Don’t be an ingrate; go ahead and praise God with all your might.


ACTION POINT:

Spend the rest of today praising God. Don't ask for anything; just praise Him all day long.


BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: MATTHEW 5-6


AUTHOR PASTOR E A ADEBOYE 


HYMNAL: 18 PRAISE TO THE LORD, THE ALMIGHTY, THE KING OF CREATION 


1 Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation;

O my soul, praise him, for he is thy health and salvation:

all ye who hear,

now to his temple draw near,

joining in glad adoration.


2 Praise to the Lord, who o'er all things so wondrously reigneth,

shieldeth thee gently from harm, or when fainting sustaineth:

hast thou not seen

how thy heart's wishes have been

granted in what he ordaineth?


3 Praise to the Lord, who doth prosper thy work and defend thee;

surely his goodness and mercy shall daily attend thee:

ponder anew

what the Almighty can do,

if to the end he befriend thee.


4 Praise to the Lord! O let all that is in me adore him!

All that hath life and breath, come now with praises before him!

Let the Amen

sound from his people again:

gladly for aye we adore him!

No comments:

Post a Comment