Open Heavens

Thursday, October 3, 2024

Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

 OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL


DATE: FRIDAY OCTOBER 4TH 2024.


THEME: EASY PRAYERS


MEMORISE: For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.    2 Corinthians 1:20


READ: Numbers 23:19-20

19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?


20 Behold, I have received commandment to bless: and he hath blessed; and I cannot reverse it.


MESSAGE

Today, I will continue my teaching on the various categories of prayer by looking at the second category: easy prayers. You pray easy prayers when you ask God for What He has already guaranteed the Bible. For example, asking God for your daily bread is asking for something that He has already guaranteed (Matthew 6:9-11). The shepherd does not eat grass; it is meant for the sheep. So, when you ask God for food as His sheep, it is an easy prayer that He will answer easily (Psalm 23). Psalm 35:27 says that God has pleasure in your prosperity. Therefore, asking for wealth is an easy prayer. Years ago, when I asked God for money to build a small house in Mushin, Lagos, He said, "Don't ask for a house, I have decided to give you a city." So, when seven of us gathered in Ilorin to pray for a campground,

one of us began to prophesy, "l have already provided the land, I will only show it to you." The land was already provided because He guaranteed it in His word (Psalm 2:8).


One of my children said, 'Give me' is the prayer of a child. When your son comes to ask you for food, he is just saying, "I am ready for the next ration," he is not bothered about the provision of the food. In the same vein, you should not be bothered about things that God has already promised you in the Scriptures. They are already provided for you, so all you need to do is ask, and you will get them at the right time. There is no need worry about money, food, or all those things that make you comfortable; God has already provided them (Matthew 6:25-34).


When you worry about the things that God has guaranteed, it shows that you have little faith. Before you came to this world, He had prepared everything you need to survive. Just ask for them when you need them. As you ask, pay attention to whatever instructions He will give you on how to get them. In 1 Kings 17:4-6, He told Elijah to go to the brook and food was brought to him there. If Elijah did not obey, he would have died of hunger even though food was available for him. Your well-being is God's responsibility; stop worrying about it.


KEY POINT

Worrying about your daily needs is a sign of faithlessness. If God has guaranteed them in His word, just ask Him and He will provide them at the right time.


BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Matthew 10-11


AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE


HYMN 13: JESUS LOVES ME THIS I KNOW


1.  Jesus loves me! This I know,

For the Bible tells me so;

Little ones to Him belong;

They are weak, but He is strong.


Refrain:

Yes, Jesus loves me!

Yes, Jesus loves me!

Yes, Jesus loves me!

The Bible tells me so.


2. Jesus loves me! This I know,

As He loved so long ago,

Taking children on His knee,

Saying, “Let them come to Me.”


3. Jesus loves me still today,

Walking with me on my way,

Wanting as a friend to give

Light and love to all who live.


4. Jesus loves me! He who died

Heaven’s gate to open wide;

He will wash away my sin,

Let His little child come in.


5. Jesus loves me! He will stay

Close beside me all the way;

Thou hast bled and died for me,

I will henceforth live for Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment