Open Heavens

Thursday, August 1, 2024

Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye

 OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL


DATE: FRIDAY AUGUST 2ND 2024


THEME: PRAYERS FOR YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD


MEMORISE: Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.

Psalm 122:6


READ: Leviticus 19:15-18 


15 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.


16 Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD.


17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.


18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.



1. Thank You Lord for my neighbourhood. Thank Yo for all my neighbours and the leaders in my community.


2. Father, pray that Your kingdom will be established in my community. Let Your will be done at all times in my neighbourhood, in Jesus' name.


3. Father, please deploy Your angels to protect us in my community. Let no evil overcome us, in Jesus' name.


4. Father, I put all the children in this community in Your hands. Let them be godly, and let them grow to become global champions, in Jesus' name.


5. Father, please let this community be uncomfortablemfor evildoers. I displace them from this community, in Jesus' name.


6. Father, please let the weather in this community be favourable for our health and well-being, in Jesus'


7. Father, please let the government establish laws and execute policies that will favour us, in Jesus' name. name.


8. Father, please use me to bring everyone in this community close to you. Please help me to cause a revival in my community and let all my neighbours surrender their lives to You, in Jesus' name.


9. Father, please give the leaders of this community wisdom to direct our affairs. Let them make the right decisions that will make the community better, in Jesus' name.


10. Father, mark every home in this community like the homes of the Israelites in Exodus 12:13. Don't let death or sorrow have any place in this community, in Jesus' name.


11. Lord, let my community be a blessing to the nation. Let us bring honour to our country, in Jesus' name.


12. Your personal prayer point for your neighbourhood.


BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Jeremiah 1-3


AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE


HYMN 22: SWEET HOUR OF PRAYER


1 Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer! 


that calls me from a world of care, 


and bids me at my Father's throne 


make all my wants and wishes known. 


In seasons of distress and grief, 


my soul has often found relief, 


and oft escaped the tempter's snare 


by thy return, sweet hour of prayer! 



2 Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer! 


the joys I feel, the bliss I share 


of those whose anxious spirits burn 


with strong desires for thy return! 


With such I hasten to the place 


where God my Savior shows his face, 


and gladly take my station there, 


and wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer! 



3 Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer! 


thy wings shall my petition bear 


to him whose truth and faithfulness 


engage the waiting soul to bless. 


And since he bids me seek his face, 


believe his word, and trust his grace, 


I'll cast on him my every care, 


and wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment